Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lost Gift . . .


Inside House of Cahors
Lost Gift

My emptiness . . . 
losing my equilibrium .  . after
profound deafness became part of my life
 . . . is any good
part of me left? I lose my way these days. . .
I think that's why I keep breaking things . ..
my toes, my glass cups and this morning my favorite lamp . ..
I do things wrong, I hit things hard . . I wobble . .
the world weaves and warps around me as if
seen through heat waves and mirages . . .
I can't sense the sharp edges of things
until they strike me . . .
or the ups and the downs . . .
the ground leaps about like a herd of running horses . ..
or a ship floating helplessly
on a restless sea . . .
. . .and I long for the stillness and quiet . . .
of the deep green forest.  ..
and the eternal dark night . . .
those moments before the storm . . .
I find it hard to think . . .
it makes me wonder if there is any point
of me going on .  .  and on . . . and on . .
and no . . . I don't see any hope . .
for anything . . I'm too negative
and turned inward with pain . . .
for it all still hurts . ..  like yesterday's
memories . . and I am scarred with lost dreams
beating broken wings against the walls
of echoing canyons .. .


******************************************************



Schwarzweiss, "Untiteled"


So full of living
 . . dreams and melodies
 . ..  there is laughter and there is sadness
 . . . and somehow too
 . . . I find the sky
 . .. it tells me of forever,
 and the teardrops of angels
 . . . like sunshine and shadow,
 is sorrow and joy
 .  . eternal the passion;
essential the love
 . . . peace, like feathers on the snow
 . .. memory fills my vision
 and takes me to my heart
 . . . Music, purely Beautiful!
 

***********************************************
Dancing in the Shadows

Finding yesterday

                      in your story

my tears    

                     remind me

                       that once                                                                   

I was a victim too,

                            but today

                                                   as I dance alone

where sunshine glances,

                                         I see reflected                                                                                 

                                                                   the shadows

of other dancers,                                                          

             their ethereal arms

hold me                                

                                                              against the painful storm,

and now

with my heart beating                                            

                                 for you,

and as my soul cries                               

                                                     throughout the years ..

my arms are out

to shelter you

and help you find your strength

***********************************************************************

This poem is dedicated to a young woman, a teenager, who was brutally assaulted by a 47 year old criminal . . . no details here . . . they are too evil to hear let alone live through . . . my heart goes out to her.

Cloisters of Cathedral Saint-Etienne; Cahors, France
 

No comments: