Monday, December 13, 2010

- The Hole in My Heart -



- The Hole in My Heart -

I am always looking for the plug
      that will stop the leaking . . .

 

How can I forgive you
            when you have
                       hurt me so badly


How can you forgive me . . . 


and
 

in the darkness the single candle
draws me . . .
I see warmth . . .
the brave flame pushes
against the darkness
and the cold . . .

your indifference to my plight

I once saw your little face
light up with awe as
you watched the geese
fly, honking. . . and somehow
connected. . .


Hundreds across the cool blue sky
headed towards
the mysterious regions
of dragons and dreams

you indifference is no more
powerful than mine


and I am alone . . .

my grief 
will not suffice
at the end of the day

there are no excuses
I must find a way
to forgive you . . .

for
who am I to fly 
alone .. ..
in the darkness . . .

##









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can I forgive you
when you have
hurt me so badly
...

Love yourself
and pain will change to compassion

Wolfsong said...

Dear Anonymous,

Yesss!

:-)