Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vacation . . .

Paris
I have some time off . ..  and I am looking forward to another trip this year .. .. This one will be a little longer .  .  . and of course I will take pictures and share them with you . .  Don't I always? I am not sure how I will do it yet . . . but you will find out here as soon as I have a plan . . . probably I will store the pictures in albums in Picasa .  . and of course there will be stories to tell . .  and poems and of course I will still listen to music on Jamendo . . . of course . . . 


Look . . . I found a great album today:

Call Of the Wild
by SoLaRiS





And a poem by me:

Well, I have always known that SoLaRiS is good . . .
even great . . . I have always loved their music . . .
But getting even better . . . amazing . . !!!

fly to the northern seas . ..
where the light shimmers on the tossing waters . .
dive deep beneath the waves
and swim in the whale song . . . the ice cold depths . .
filtering light through, like splinters of gold . . .
the seas and the mountains, the valleys and skies
gift the bright stars with captured song . . .
as steam rises from the voice of the wolf . .
like incense it flows upward . . . ever . .
following the trail of the light . ..
there is a song in the wind as it follows
the sunset . . .and every molecule of nature
dances to that melody . . .

its beautiful, SoLaRiS . . . a symphony of beauty . . .
giving the gift of peace and tranquility . . . and vision



And this one . . . an old favorite (and dedicated to me on Wolfsongs):
Moonlight (single)
by Livio Amato







Poem and review by me:


I was so touched by this piece, when I first heard it on the album, Wolfsongs, that it took my breath away.

This song brings me into a meadow, under the moonlight, where I hear the crickets and I feel the light of the moon bathing my face, in powerful moving waves.

I am the wolf, flying along the moon-soaked stream
in the heart of the meadow . . . I am like smoke,
here and then nowhere . . .
a flash against
tall grasses moved by breezes . . .
and then gone . .
I am one with the earth
and the music gives me wings . . .

cold splashes of water lift my awareness . .
and I feel the long, warm call of the earth
as she responds to her children and her mate . . .
wolf knows these things . . .
and the music brings it home,
quietly and gently,
with a peaceful understanding . . .
and the heart of the mother beats . . .
as she envelopes her children . . .
and the heart of the mother beats . .
beneath the light of the moon . . .

Thank you, Livio . . .
you are one of the most inspiring musicians,
on Jamendo .. ..

and I wish you well . . .

***********************************************************

And one more before I go to bed:

Synthetic Breath
by Vanderson







And a poem/review by me . . .

The Sound of Peace

Stunning! A spacey, imaginative trip through haunting and forbidden places . .  sound so clear and impossible . . .. so unreal . . . as if time itself were stretched beyond reason . . . and diving back on itself . . . perhaps finding the ultimate divine . ..

I walked in silence through liquid sound . ..
parting before me revealing astonishing things . . .
dream like and solid as smoke . . .
the heady scent of flowers
falls on me like a heavy cloak . .
a kaleidoscope of sound forms shapes
and swim past me in changing colors
a trip which calms my soul . . .
vibrantly supporting this frail frame . . .
with something substantial as
the song of the stars . .
and the sound of peace shrouds me in
wings of cold splendor . ..

No comments: