Saturday, June 18, 2011

Without Words there is Love . . .



Pages of Life by Livio Amato




Poem by me:

Without Words there is Love

There is immediacy in this music
as it draws me through the needle's eye . .
and all things become focused . . .
yet dreamily misty
like a long ago lullaby . . .

I am sensitive to those green leaves
as they tremble beneath the fingers
of rain outside my window . ..
my gaze looks through like an arrow
as I search for my memories . . .
like a carpet of photographs . . .
some covered in tears . . .
they are spread before me as far as the gray horizon . . .

My angels are flown . . .
and I am alone . .. yet the musician has given me
the gift of his heart . . .
and so there are two . ..
beating in a rhythm . . sublime . .
spiritual . . wordless . .

I am melancholic and yet content
as I relax and rest in this music . . .
like a magical hammock it takes me aloft . .
I am afloat in this mysterious sea of eternity . . .
oh . . .
what this music does to me . . .

No comments: