Thursday, November 12, 2009

Reeling in My Dragons

I want to draw lines
connecting all the amber
                                        parking lot lights
Which compete
With the friendly red eyes
on the backs of the cars.
I want to draw mountains
outlining all the fir trees
                                      - stark cutouts
against the billowing
                     blue sky.
I want to draw in
To my sphere
All that is beyond
                              - My designers perspective
For it is dark,
And the lights,
                        the trees,
                        delineate my horizon
And there
is something waiting
on the other side -
I will reel in my dragons
                        with the lines I draw,
                                                      and face them
                        with the fortitude I draw,
When the moon
grows
over my mountains.

                                            -7-18-93-



No comments: