Saturday, December 12, 2009

FaceBook has stolen my time!

  

The album I am currently listening to: very nice, calm, warm jazz.

Written in 1993

Swirling
     incomplete
running
     without feet
breathing liquid
     leaf mold
desperate
painful purple eyes
rats hide beneath the brick
large angry dragon
trailing slime
sinking slowly down below
     heaving earth
     liquid glow
fingers and toes
leave no trace.

##

The day I quit
the establishment
I freed myself
to see with new eyes.
I discovered much of what
I was
and had never known
I gave myself permission
To love me again
and consequently
to love another
not secretly
But unashamedly
and with joy.

##

So there
At the edge of town
Was a disaster.
A fire that burned
Day and night
The sun faded green
in the perpetual twilight
yawning his huge
spots for all his care.
The stars came and
went
dancing between the
billowing brown clouds
And the moon
the moon
Was never again seen
Many people said
She left
In disgust


She floated
Dreamily away
Her face
Perpetually towards
The planet of her choice
Which just happened
to be Saturn
Saturn. . .
With her explosive power
Dynamic Saturn
Magnetic Glory
Her halo of rings
fascinating
Nameless moon. . .
Losing her glow
As she approached
Planet glory,
Her love,
She diminished
Faded
And disappeared.

##

There is a simple grace
In the dark days of rain
The silver light
Reflects a molten flow
A race towards lower
Postures
A revealing of oneself
As dust and mud retract
A lifting of the eyes
The face is damp
But simple perseverance
Projecting
From the soul
Defeats the misty tides.

##

They Fly
with steady stream
and bubbles of joy
One would never guess
Their lives are scarred
By the roles they play
And are silently marred
In their war torn world
Where they bear the brunt
Of the anger devised
By the skilled adults.
They peer out
Of windows of blue
and brown and green
And wonder at what
They have just seen
But pretend its all
just normalcy
When they have no way
Of knowing truth
And they have no way
Of escaping lies
For they have no way
As children
to fly.

##

As a woman
I was fenced in.
Invisible lines
Stronger than any chain
Drew me down
impeded my walk
...my run.
When I was a child
I skipped down the
hallways of all
the institutions
til I recognized
their intent.
And I withdrew
Becoming a stranger
to myself
Intolerable
I became a rebel
within walls
fenced in . . . chained
denied
And one day I heard
the wolf sing
She set me free.....
She has some vestige
 of freedom
She finds for herself
Within the last remnants
of the wilderness.....
And yes she is wild
For freedom
is not bound....
and freedom
is not denied.....
for without it
she dies...


I am Wolfsong.

 ##




No comments: