Monday, May 23, 2011

Old Things - New Things - Good Things - Blue Things

Tree in Paris
I have decided that I need to pick out some of my poetry reviews from Jamendo that I wrote lately . . . and share the music and these poems. Sometimes the musicians remove their music and then my "reviews" disappear. But also, when I removed "orangeupurple," I was sad to see some of those poems disappear . . . and even though some Jamendo users didn't like my writings and attacked me for my writing style . . . what I do still represents a lot of work and dedication to Jamendo and to the artists. So, I am thinking of preserving some of my favorite poems here in my blog along with the music.

I have been very careful lately, in general, to write my style of reviews only to the musicians who seem to appreciate and want them.  I have promised never to review those (a small number of reviewers and musicians)  who attacked me or my friends, or who disparaged the style of writing that some of Jamendo's listeners use.  Many of us, reviewers, are artists also . . . and thus my change of name to Wolfsong.thePoet . . . to make myself very clear . . I write poetry . ..  I am NOT a critic of music . ..  but I know what I like and how I feel when I listen.  Very often, music inspires me and moves me . . . and thus I am creative in my reviews.

I have been called selfish, for writing in this manner .  .  . and I agree. I listen to the music on Jamendo for MY pleasure. And if I am inspired I rejoice . . . because I am looking and wanting to be inspired . . . it is for me that I write . . . but I also want to inspire and encourage and entertain .  .   . this is part of what motivates me . . .

OH yes . ..  what are all these things I mentioned . . .  music, songs, poems, good stuff and blue, old and new . ..  me and you . . . I am often blue . ..  but then there are the blues too . ..  I will be sure to find some blues to put in my blog . . .  see you later!
 

Soundtracks 2010
by Andreas Mayer





The winds blow through
your lips
creating an angel's melody . . .
giving me the room to
drift away through midnight's
scorn and misty dreams and
the wings to
fly to the moon, or further . . wherever
my imagining will lift me . . .
I can dream of love .. . everlasting . . .
I sit by the fire and hear the music
of the soul . . .
watching the the blood red embers
dance and crackle
as I listen
to the story told of long ago
and far away . . .
where the stunning music
will take me . . . beyond time
beyond space . . . into images yet
unseen . . .
the music will fly me . .
on the winds of sound and
with the stroke of a magic feather . .
on the back of love
and in the arms of melody
we will fly . . . . ..
********************************************************************************
Et si ...
by Philippe Marin



Simply calming and beautiful . . . quietly emotional . . .

Down by the river . . .
just as it pools before the bend . . .
the creatures gather
as the sun goes down . . .
there is a breath . . . of still cool air . ..
and the shadows play
for the fish at rest . . .
and the doe lifts her face
with the crystal water dripping . ..
and her big brown eyes look into mine . . .
and
hold that moment of intimate
understanding
where all the living
connect . ..
this music was like that
to me . ..
********************************************************************************
The Waxworks
by Ai!R


Dark and Wistful . . a place to bring your dreams ..

Dark and dreamy . . .
a moving testimony to emotions of
love and fear . ..
hope and melancholy . . .
the music is so peaceful
and dreamy . . .
and gives you spaces to find
the floor . .. a solid place to be anchored . .
before you fly away again into the
mists of wistfulness . . .
a longing. . .
a heartbeat. . .
a stone in the water . ..
************************************************************************************
Sunset
by Jaro-Ma 

Melancholy melodies;
sentimental memories . ..
beautiful and tenderly
the gentle music gives
a lovely mental vision . .
emotions and tears . . .
So sweetly
at the end of day . . .
the sun goes down . . a flare of
bright colors . . a dancing of the light
. . . a promise . . . that life continues . ..
there is hope . . . there is love . . .
**********************************************************************************
Explorer's Tales
by Dmitriy Samoylenko 

A subliminal message
from the stars . ..
the sounds reverberate
and concentrate . ..
calm and nearly elusive
powers . .. taking me deeper
into the sea . . . .
the sound of dolphins and the mysteries
of the deep . .. .
taking me higher and higher
into levels of peace . . .
where I hear the song of the stars . ..
shining and clear . . .

herein . ..
tribal, and droning,
jazzy acoustic, and meditative
sounds that extend
endless dreams . ..

An excellent resource for
peaceful moments . ..
hypnotic and dreamy . . .
**********************************************************************************
 Tempus edax rerum.
by Pascal SER'JACOBS  



Revelations and sunlight . ..
a colorful beauty . .
album cover and music . ..
nearly divine . ..
Takes the listener on a journey . .
one which is most sublime . .
************************************************************************************
Well, that is enough for now . . . I see that it will be a really huge job to do this . . . so it will be a while before its all done. Maybe I need to slow down on my writing reviews for Jamendo . . . and actually most of these poems aren't really that good . .. so  much of my writing doesn't get a response from the musician . . . . . .

But enjoy the music . . . its all spectacular . . .

No comments: