Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Scent of God





Early morning walk:
A feather drops
     from a telephone wire . . .
a light is flashing
  in the distance . ..
a quiet murmer of bird chatter
and I am listening to
    your song . . 
I love the early morning
   scent of something
    sweet hanging heavy
in the dewy air . . .
  the sun not yet
committed to
   a day 
of heated labor. . .
the crow's laughter
and squirrels chatter
reminds one that this
    world
belongs 
 to the survivor . . .
the scent of new mown hay astonishes 
the nose . . .
geese flying high
    gabble and twinkle 
in the sky . . .
bird song like
liquid silver . . .
robin's rich honeyed
"cheer-up" lifts up my
mood . . .
and the small chickadee
with an enormous voice
is watching over his family . . .
***********************************************************************************


I had the "dickens" of a time figuring out how to get the chickadee sound on my posting . . . I had to make a video for youtube and embed it but first I had to download all this equipment as I am not at my usual computer so  . . .  it took me all morning to add this. Next I will do the robins sweet voice . . . another one of my favorite bird sounds.  And learn how to re-name my projects . . .  OK . . . always a little learning curve here . . .

I got the picture of the chickadee from Wikipedia and the sound from Freesound . . .



Robin Picture from Wikipedia and sound from Freesound . . .
There is a link to Freesound in my favorite links section on the sidebar . . . 
************************************************************************************

No comments: