Thursday, August 11, 2011

I am the hunter




finding . . .
A place to cling
on the peak of the moon's
distant rays . .
I have lost my way home . .. 

thus needing a place to rest
my weary heart,
I looked into the eyes
of the dream weaver 

and know . . .

I am the hunter
endlessly searching for beauty,
finding broken dreams
and misplaced memories and
often 

the bizarre. . .

I am the wanderer,
searching for planets
yet unnamed . . .
and finding the dispossessed
at the crossroads
of eternity. . .


I am the dreamer
watching and wanting
a web disrupted
at the seams of time
I wait for the meaning
and measure of me

I have but to wonder
and though
I am fearful of what I seek
I always find it
in the darkness of my night . . .




   
I hear your song . . .
it reflects in my whispers
and the aching of my heart . . .
it tugs on my dreams . . 
and releases 
my memories . . .




 

I cannot catch the sun
in my net . . . it burns . . .
with that fire . ..
the ravenous greed of the sun
is reflected on the green leaves of summer . .
the dust lifts up like old dreams,
flecks of what has been . . .
flying in the careless winds . ..
reaching an apex. . .
culminating in old boxes
and bundles of yesterday's rags . ..
brown with moss
and slick with age . . .
it adheres like glue . .
leaving traces along the pathway
of time . . .
lost memories retrieved
as I sit by my window . ..
I look at the moments. . .
each parting of those waves
reveals a road not taken . . .
a sorrow not grieved
a heartache unhealed . .
a knot . ..  stiff and rusted . .
the dust rises up
like the ghosts of the lost
and dance an everlasting waltz
with the last human on earth . . .




No comments: