Monday, August 15, 2011

JAZZ . . .



expressive and dynamic
yet peaceful and calm . . . 

subtle . . .
a great evening's listen and some of the best jazz
on Jamendo . . .
the emotional piano, percussion and bass . . . work
so well together as to be seamless in the overall
presentation . . .





Why is jazz my favorite music? I have been trying to understand that myself . .. but maybe its because it pulls to the surface my emotions of the moment .  .
whether cheerful or sad . . . 
blue or mad .  .  . 
When I hear good jazz like this,
I feel it in the pit of my stomach . . .
that thumping of the bass . . .
like a bloody heartbeat . . .
the piano like crumpled wings
trying to break free .  .  .
and the percussion . . .
a wet road in a maze of life . .. 
and together they become
like building blocks
creating the beat of my life . . .
growing like a tree,
lifting up my inner soul
like a baby bird, on the branches
of life, . .. Sometimes protected and

sometimes exposed . .
Yes . . . Jazz often expresses my life . ..
giving me meaning and understanding . ..
like a poem . . like a  song . . .



   
Electric and funky . . .
a little bluesy and a lot jazzy . . .
vibrations and chimes . ..
delivering a punch  to the psyche . . .
tremendously good . ..
day-dreamy jazz . . .
Royalty free music for professional licensing

No comments: