Friday, May 4, 2012

After Jamendo

Lincoln City, Oregon

So many of us are distressed about the loss of the "old Jamendo" and its friendly playgrounds, viable community, and easy to follow layout.

For me, the biggest loss is the review feature. I made so many friends through the reviews and the dialogue in the forums and elsewhere. It's a huge loss but these issues will need to be covered elsewhere and in other ways . . .

So, I have decided to write my reviews here on my blog with a widget or link to the music in question . . .   

So here is a problem . . .  When musicians remove their music from a site, the widget becomes useless .. .. When I come upon these, here in my blog, I remove them and usually I remove the words, also .. . . (I just removed a widget and review)
*************************************************************

Another site I've been enjoying exploring is : http://archive.org/
which is a vast repository of web sites, books, texts, videos, audio . . . etc.
including all of Jamendo: http://archive.org/details/jamendo-albums

I found this little song by another Jamendo favorite of mine, posted here on her own little pages . . . Van Syla's "Rain Moon" . . . uniquely her, yet in a new style.


Stunning!
Beautiful and ethereal . .
graceful is this dream song . . .
the gauzy skirts of the clouds
drift over the shining face of the moon . . .
flirting and dancing
to the drumming rain . . .
a sentimental wistfulness . . .
and for a moment our vision expands
to witness a passion, between
a lonely rock and a serene blue planet . .
and then we follow the tracks
of the rain . . . upon the black pavement . .
our hearts . . . that much lighter . . .

********************************************************

So There you have it ... my latest recommendations and reviews . . . .. ...

Enjoy the music . . . where ever it may be, and however it finds you . . . it is there to fill you with emotion, joy, and passion . . . 
Enjoy it while you can . . . 


 

No comments: