Saturday, August 14, 2010

Too Many Goodbyes



Love and life has its changing
shadows and light
and as things disappear
from our grasp and those we love
walk away . ..  the heat from our beating hearts
will cast
sparks from which
new flames will ignite
and some new adventures:

Love, Peace and War will be found
populating the depths of the soul as it
embarks anew  . . .  making a voyage
of regret and pleasure
which no one can foresee or foretell,
as, we also, will all soon
pass by and eventually over that far hill,
a future completed, a life finished,

along that rough road traveled . . .
by the end of which
many treasures have been gathered.
 

  As I traverse along
the pathways of life
I find that I tend
to hang onto the thought
that I may have lost
things, and people along

the way; but instead
I have accumulated
those things, and people, as treasures
through the having of them for a time,
whether for a short or long time, but

to be contented with my life, I must allow
my memories to mark these riches
as "Something Precious" on the map
of "Somewhere in My Heart" .  .  .



##
I was standing at the bus-stop listening to music when I heard this song and was inspired with a thought - so I wrote this poem . . . and as it was the music that inspired me I wanted to share that also: Van Syla's "Requiem" from her "Goodbye" album. 

3 comments:

CŒDES Pierre-Marie said...

BRAVO ! I like that. Once more, very sensitive and beautiful poem Barb. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Barb... very beautiful words... they moved me... I was listening to music on Jamendo, "Winter dreams"...
I was looking for words and music for my soul...
Thank you again my friend!
See you on Facebook...

Anto

Wolfsong said...

Thank you PM for your kind comment, you are an inspiration to me.

And thank you, Anto, for your lovely thoughts . . . I'm so glad I was able to give you a nice moment for your soul . . .