Friday, March 11, 2011

Standing Against Bullies



As a teacher I often wonder what would happen if children were to stand up against the bullies on the playground . . . if they stood against the aggressor as a combined group .. . .if some were to bend down and pick up the fallen and befriend them .. . what would happen if they all turned their backs away from the bully?

I often wonder what would have happened if nobody joined forces with a dictator. Let's take for example : Hitler? The pathways of history would have changed for sure. Think about it . . . Where is peace but in the hearts of all ?. . . and beginning with each and every individual . . .

So, what does that have to do with Jamendo?

There are bullies amongst us . . . people who choose to write cruel and unreasonable reviews, just for the sake of striking out. No other reason . . .

Jamendo is a home for amateur artists . . . people who are willing to be brave and give of their heart . . . their creations . . . they share with us . . .and nobody deserves a cruel review.
NOBODY deserves such cruelty . . . nobody . . . and I for one am sick of seeing them. And unhappy that the good people, on Jamendo, feel crushed and paralyzed. So what can I do?

I have a thought . . .

For now I am going to keep an eye on the review thread:
http://www.jamendo.com/en/reviews?order=id_desc&reviewlang=all

I am going to listen to all and every album abused in such a manner . . . I am going to listen and write a review for these albums . . . because I believe that there is something good about every one . . . If the music is not my favorite style . . . I will comment "Thank you for sharing . . ." without giving stars, . . . .

And if I have to stand alone in this regard I will . . .


Regards,
Barbara Wolfsong


Thread on Jamendo: http://www.jamendo.com/en/forums/discussion/15902/in-regards-to-bullies-and-jamendos-heart-of-darkness--/#Item_1


ALBUM 1:


Review: I found this song to be densely packed with emotion . . . and drama. There was a sorrow that was expressed clearly. . .. through the vocals and the presentation of the music . . . there were many wonderful aspects of this creative piece . . .

But most of all I thought of it like a big puffy cloud in the horizon . . . embroidering a celestial blue sky . . . something so tender and ephemeral as to be special and beautiful . . and catches my spirit and carries it up . . .


ALBUM 2: 



Review: I loved the energy in this album . . . and playing it on speakers into my roomful of students did wonders to perk them up  this afternoon. And it did wonders to perk me up and I found myself bopping around to the beat . . .

Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with this album . .  it had a delightful spirit that should be commended instead of condemned . . . 

Thank you so much for sharing your music on Jamendo.   I am not going to star this album because I know nothing about this kind of music . . . and it isn't my favorite style . . . but I wanted to thank you for taking the time and trouble to share . . .

- M^^W -
 

ALBUM 3: 


Review (previously posted):   Noblemo, your music makes me happy and dreamy . . . in the midst of winter's darkness I can find a ray of light and it sparkles off the lovely piano, melodies and instruments of your music. Thank you so much for sharing with us on Jamendo . . . and thank you for lifting my spirits . . . :-D

Wonderful Music as usual!



No comments: