Sunday, January 30, 2011

Before the Music Disappears . . ..

Paris - July 2010
   
 
      So:  I discovered recently . . . that some artists on Jamendo are removing their albums . . . and when they do that . .. my reviews and poems are erased also. So, I have decided to preserve some of my favorite poems and reviews along with the links to the albums . ..  and if the albums disappear from Jamendo  my poems will still exist . ..  .
Although the links will may not work . .. 


I also want to share how grateful I am to the musicians on Jamendo . ..  for sharing their music and their art with the world - freely . . . they have always inspired me and many of them have become friends and many have encouraged me . . . perhaps more than they can possibly know . . .

And so often . . . the music has crept into my heart and found a home where I am inspired to write and create .. .. I know that I can always go to Jamendo to find inspiration . . . so thank you, my friends . . .


Please don't forget that these are some of my favorite reviews and poems (my own personal writings). . . not necessarily my most favorite albums or musicians .  .  . . . . . . . . .
..................................................................................
As I walk along this lifeline
I see the shadowy beginnings
and I hear the tearful goodbyes . . .
The march of time
goes slowly by
rending what we hold most dear . . .
This temporal place
these bloody shreds
We cling to in despair . . .
Dance with me my beloved
for we soon must say
goodbye
Hold my hand my love
and look into my eyes
I see myself inside of you . . .
and you within my heart
you are forever there
although,
we must be apart …

Poem for: "GoodBye" by Van Syla
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/55013
.................................................................

Sympathetic . . .
pointed beauty
laying a mesmerizing track
leading your unwary footstep
to its peaceful end of day
and saves your silent tear drops
in the sweetly fragrant cup
of a tender rose petal . . .
and all your golden dreams
offer a point of joy
toward the coming dawn.


Poem for: "Aurora" by Van Syla
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/54164
..........................................................................

Be drawn into the life of a tear.. .. ..
drama, pain,
despair.. .. ..
and ultimately a release
of tension,
as the tear finds its way out
to begin its journey,
and slowly fades away
as it travels
while calm begins to prevail.. .. ..
peace follows the salty trail
of the tear .. .. ..
a little sorrow still
and then
a gleam of sunshine.. .. ..
relief to the weary soul
while the tear
is only forgotten.


M^^W


text for: "Once Upon a tear" by creix
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/68774

..........................................................................
Nothing less than Awesome
02/11/09
Define the experience of this album:

More feeling than sound. More breath than heart. A sound sculpture, cold and infinitely dripping in the eons it takes to melt marble on an ice cold planet, deliberate, malevolent, reaching zenith at every turn. It is more hurt than healing; but this kind of hurt you need, to know that you are alive. If you are alive, after listening to this creation.

This water color of the darkest center of the densest sonance, the loneliest resonance, the deadliest dissonance, a pitch, a note, a peal, the sound of a babies laughter floating in the dregs space. A cacophony of spacial sound, from the far-flung congregational multitudes of galaxies, whirling, singing, calling in the darkest dark and the brightest light.

Laughter, at least there was laughter, before we all were flung away.
A piano.
An island before we drown.
And then we rise, a dynamo, a celestial power, a shattered star.

The angels played their gentle violins and sang their welcoming song in voices that sound like a muffled gong and groan like the behemoth dying on the sand.
We are reborn in a field of exigency and fear comes on us like a multitude of murderous wasps and we are nothing more than an iota in a population of sound.

And in the end - a long drawn out moan, a solo groan - an end.


Review for: "BackVieW" by KraftiM
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/3700
.................................................................................
Surrounded by the deep blue glow we float down a long misty river, slowly, our minds are at peace with our bodies while we listen to the voices of the gods, as they sing of mysteries and places that only exist in a space and time entirely a mystery to our finite brains.

We are not afraid, but content to listen, and observe, with little consideration for what will happen next. The pace is agonizingly slow, like swimming through ambrosia or honey, but we are in no rush, we like it here and will stay, forever, for we think we dream. But we are under a spell like the tales of old, mesmerized by the songs of the gods.

We have been captivated and held on this long trip down the misty river - to live forever as a slave to these gods of music, but again, we don't care. Perhaps we have found heaven.


Review for: "MÚSICA DESDE LA PENUMBRA" by Jorgestrada
 http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/27346 
......................................................................................

First of all, before I rave about the music, I would like to complement the artist for that beautiful album cover. I thought it was very eye catching. Nice colors which capture the spirit of the music.

the songs are warm and brightly shine
Bouncy! Like deer, bounding about the golden field,
leaping, leading trails of sun caught dust
flinging
hoofs high in joyful spirit
laughter in the eye
I feel that I can run as free as they
I try
and with the tribal drums I fly . . .
the essence of the music
lives
where wings can grow on me.


Review for: "THÈMES POUR ÉCRAN NOIR " by EGAZMOD
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/59639
......................................................................................
What a Wonderful Place . . .

Where was I ? the mild scent of burning incense - I was sitting, cross legged on a flower encrusted carpet, it could have floated away with me - I think it did, gently . . .
I remember the melody
the flute . . . drums
and the voice,
that wonderful warm
that soul warming
that heart enwrapping voice . . .
what was it saying to me?
His voice held me captive
I could not move - yet - I think I went somewhere - someplace so beautiful - someplace so mystical - how could I explain this - someplace so peaceful -
maybe it was a form of rapture.


Review for: "Marugelara" by Shyam Monk
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/59754
.....................................................................................................

Dreaming

alluring . . .
subtle intensity
pulsing through to the edges of space
and time
with bits of stardust drifting along the way
loosely -
digging into the core of the spinning galaxy . . .
from within the deepest waters
sirens
luring the questioning with a simple song . . .
into dreams of peace and
cobalt blue electricity . . .


Review for: "green eyes" by softspace
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/59848
............................................................................................................

Delicate Elegance

Close your eyes while you listen to this beautiful romantic parisian styled tune
- - you see misty reminders of time gone by - in gentle colors of pastels and gray.
A shadowy gathering of figures from long ago - in wistful longing for those days,
they dance in sedate remembrance
to the soft and gentle tune
while the singers sigh and
when the storm begins to call
the vision melts
away
like ashes in the rain. . .
So swiftly gone away.


Review for: "souvenirs Parisiens BSO" by PeerGynt Lobogris
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/59564

............................................................................................................

More to come . . . .

No comments: