Monday, January 17, 2011

Catching Up . . .

Lincoln City, Oregon

As this is a holiday in the USA (Martin Luther King) I am taking the opportunity to catch up on a little listening on Jamendo. Also as there hasn't been any new albums in a few days . . .I am exploring through the stacks and stacks of great albums still laying around from months before . . . So here are a few good ones (posted one at a time) :





Review for: "ONE SHOT" by southman

This album, this strolling jazzy piano may be a little experimental, a little avant-garde, and is definitely enjoyable for a lazy thoughtful sunny afternoon . . . It gave me that opportunity to be introspective and creative . . . It lets your thoughts flow and helps you create sculptures within your interior landscapes . . .

Moody and relaxed, sunny or nostalgic . . . these pieces are perfectly and wonderfully composed and played . . .

- M^^W -





Review/thoughts for: "The fallen angel" by Peter Kind

We struggle with our own imperfections,
our selfish ways and childish evils . . .
and though we wish
we were glorious shiny angels
of Celestial palaces
those places seem so unattainable
to our world weary eyes . . .
so we look elsewhere amongst our gods . . .
and we find that
we better understand the fallen ones . . .
for though we live in the spaces between
Heaven and Hell
with pathways to each . . .
we are fascinated by the darkness
and through those resident beings
we also understand ourselves . . .
we see our visages reflected,
darkly,
in the mirror of our existence.. . .
and
through accepting evil as much as we worship the glory
of the sublime . . .
we come to accept and forgive ourselves. . .

Besides that . . . the music was purely enjoyable as just a good listen, relaxing, darkish and calm . . .. as beautiful as the fallen one . . .

- M^^W -



Review for: "Balade au gré du vent" by Aurélie Lesage

I could almost visualize this pianist playing their wonderfully contemplative piano pieces . . .  peaceful and lightly skimming over the clouds where the high places are . . . the sunshine and the bright mountain peaks meet here . . . a place of oneness and wholeness . . . .  listen and listen and let the music grow in your soul . . .  simply beautiful with wings above the airs . . .

- M^^W -






Review for: "Explorer's Tales" by Dmitriy Samoylenko

As an explorer . . . I follow this mesmerizing music . . . trance-like I visualize these spiritual travels and yet I listened as if I were reading the book of life:

An astonishing magical flute like a butterfly light in the darkness of the droning . . . fills my soul with hope and joy . . . a peacefulness so mesmerizing so encompassing that I cannot take my eyes away from such a beautiful thing . . . and I follow . . . "Follow the Fire" . . .

High in the craggy mountains I hear the song of the raptor and watch his flight, while listening to the voice of the wise one and the cry of the lonesome flute . . . "Yet Deeper Into Trance" . . . a flutter of wings, and I see the angels stoop low to hear  this beautiful music in that rarified air . . . and the bells keep me grounded . . .

"Taste of Namelessness" began as a long drone . . .like a fog horn . . lost in the mist  and  I remember when I had to find my spirit name . . . unidentifiable . . .  a very slow saxophone wanders into my thoughts and the rain falls, washing away the fog in the night in the city . . . where I find myself lost and unknown in the dark . . . yet found within the temple of my spirit . . .

The music swallows me as I swallow it . . .. becoming one with the grayness of the droning, "Ashes of Affections." I taste the bitterness of clinging to the shallow desires of modern life . . . the emptiness of acquiring that which we will never own . . . the flute, like a guiding spirit, carries me away from my empty heart , the percussion  is the strength in sure footsteps. . . and I find an abode in the bower of pure love . . .

"If I Not Exist" but what is . . .is . . .and is meant to be . . . and we gain strength from our existence and that of all in our realm . . .  like an unbroken chain . . . the music holds us together, binding us in its heaviness . . . a sort of glue  . . . the bells, like sparks of time, brighten and enlighten as we listen . . . we exist because we are . . . and I am,  because you are . . .  and the little bird sings your name . . .

The slight dis-harmony of the keyboard in "Another Real World is Near" jarred my thoughts with endless realities . . . another existence within our own . . . connected to ours . . . feeding from our world as we feed from it . . . an exotic, slightly Asian flavored song . . . yet,  like a jazzy improvisation . . . flinging itself, open-heart, into the sublime . . .

"Anyway I Go On"  . . . yes . . . beautiful and true . . . graceful keyboarding with lovely vocals . . . and then the warm sax that dived into my soul - like an old friend . . . or a special interlude with an angel . . . filling me with that special joy that comes with the fullness of life . . .

This album is NOT to be missed . . . but it takes an unique listener to find the time to sit and really listen and read the heart of the musician . . .and capture all the beauty of the subtleties of the music and grow a little spiritually . . ..  This is a stunning listen . . . listen for the nuances or just play it for meditation or relaxation . . ..

WOW - perfection . . .!!!!

- M^^W -







No comments: