Sunday, January 9, 2011

So Many Good Albums on Jamendo: Two for the Jazzy

Paris


Review for : "Alors l'Homme créa Dieu à son Image" by John Bonobo

This one has a remarkable flow to its jazzy/funky/world tracks. Initially I was attracted to the cover (My favorite color combination!) but I hesitated to listen because the album was so long and the nearly 50 tracks were so short . . .  but after listening and observing the nearly seamless connection between tracks I see that I must hear this as a whole . . .  the album flies through one song after the other and gave me the feeling that I was traveling through continents, oceans and islands . . .  over mountains, valleys and villages . . . and giving me the surreal feeling of listening to the the music of the world . . . 

Wonderful and unique . . . warm and sparkling, dynamic and smooth - I give it a ten!




Review and Poem: "Jazz Friends 2011" by Jazz Friends


Brilliant brass and moving bass . . .
piano that walks and talks,
the silvered clashes of dancing cymbals,
a guitar that vibrates at the touch of the magician,
the honeyed voice of a twilight singer . . .
the tappa, tappa, tappa of drums seeking fluid . . .
dark blood in the living heart . . .
beating, beating, beating
to the rhythm of the soul's song . . .
following that long river of jazz . . .
so good, so purely good,
you melt and stay there
for a hundred million years
one with that hot river . . .
and the divine sounds of
the "Jazz Friends."






1 comment:

Daniela said...

Thanks Dear!
Love
Dany